Quickly jump to sections by using the links below.
- I. The information we collect
- II. How we use and share personal customer information
- III. Communications from the EMoney.com web site
- IV. Children
- V. Linking to third-party web sites
- VI. Questions or comments
- IX. Security policy
I. The information we collect
When you use the EMoney.com website, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do on our site:
- Information Collected via Online Requests. Only the minimum information necessary to complete an individual request will be collected while examining products or services through the EMoney.com website. All information captured online at EMoney.com is protected through industry standard 128bit SSL encryption technology, the highest level of web encryption available. Keeping personal information safe and secure for our customers is our primary focus.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the EMoney.com website. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our merchant' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
Information Collected via Cookies.
the EMoney.com web site. "Cookies" are small files or records that we place on your
computer's hard drive to collect information about your activities on the EMoney.com
web site. The cookies transmit this information back to the computers at EMoney.com
website or our third-party distributors of banners and newsletters; these computers
are, generally speaking, the only computers which are authorized to read such information.
The information captured makes it possible for us (i) to speed navigation, keep track
of items in your shopping cart, and provide you with custom tailored content; (ii)
to remember information you gave to us so you don't have to reenter it each time
you visit the EMoney.com website; (iii) to monitor the effectiveness of certain of
our marketing email campaigns; and (iv) to monitor total number of visitors, pages
viewed, and the total number of banners served.
- Information You Actively Submit to the EMoney.com web site. For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect "Personal Merchant Information" -- your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the EMoney.com web site and take as much time as you want to review our products, and services without having to submit such Personal Merchant Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit Personal
Merchant Information: when you want to create an account, subscribe to our newsletters,
complete an order or submit feedback. Creating a EMoney.com Account or Completing
- You can create a merchant account with EMoney.com to complete an order. To open an account, you will need to contact a Relationship Manager by phone to create a password-protected account with us. In doing so, we require that you provide us with all of the following Personal Merchant Information: your name, email address, billing address, and credit card information. We use industry standard Ecommerce security technology to protect the Personal Merchant Information that you transmit to us when you establish your account and each time you access your account information. When setting up the account, we ask you to create a password. When you want to perform account activities that affect stored Personal Merchant Information, we authenticate your access by verifying your email address with your password.
- Newsletter Subscription. You may sign up for free email newsletters full of recommendations and reviews for the latest merchant training.
II. How we use and share Personal Customer Information
Occasionally, the EMoney.com website uses Personal Merchant Information to market products and services. EMoney.com website shares Personal Merchant Information that we collect as follows:
- Law Enforcement Investigations. the EMoney.com website may release Personal Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EMoney.com website, our users, or others.
- Service Providers. We send Personal Information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site. Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by the EMoney.com website.
III. Communications from EMoney.com
As a customer, you may receive the following communications from the EMoney.com website:
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.,
- Communications containing information about EMoney.com website and its partners products and services. We send promotional emails and other outbound communications to EMoney.com website customers regarding products and services from EMoney.com website, its subsidiaries and trustworthy third-parties.
- Newsletter Communications. You may sign up for free email newsletters full of recommendations and other information for merchant training, and more. To do so, you will need to check the appropriate options during the account creation process. The contact information collected in the newsletter subscriber account is only used to forward newsletters.
Our products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. This is why the EMoney.com website requires a credit card that has been authorized for use to complete purchases on our site.
V. Linking to third-party web sites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third-parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, the EMoney.com website cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
VII. Questions or comments
IX. Security Policy
Protecting your information
The Personal Information you provide -- including your credit card information -- to establish an account with us and to make purchases from us is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
To further secure your Personal Information, we require you to create a password when you establish an account with us. We encourage you to use a password that is not easily guessed (i.e., don't use your name or street name). Keep your password secret; do not share it with anyone. The only way you can place an order with us online is by entering both your registered email address and password.
If you forget your password, you can contact Relationship Services and they will send you your password. It will be sent to the email address under which your EMoney.com website Account is assigned. If you want to change your password or other account information, simply click on Help and follow the instructions for changing passwords.
Remember to sign out
To further prevent unauthorized access to your account, remember that, after you sign in, you should sign out once you have (i) completed your transaction, (i) completed managing your account, or (iii) decided to step away from your computer. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have signed out can access your account.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
Under federal law, a credit card issuer cannot make you liable for charges in excess of $50.00 that result from the unauthorized use of your credit card. There are similar federal laws that relate to debit cards. Exceptions do apply, and you will have to comply with the rules of your credit card or debit card issuer, so please contact your card issuer for further details.
Changes to security
The EMoney.com website reserves the right to modify or amend this policy at any time by posting the revised Security Policy on our site. The changes will only affect the information we collect after the effective date of the change to our Security Policy unless we clearly express otherwise.